Digital Banking Virtual Master ClassDate: 17th -20th Feb 2020 Hotel Grand Copthorne Singapore
Technology is more than an enabler; technology is the business in many industries. An information based business like banking has opportunity to reinvent its products and services to create an experience its customers expect. Improved internet connectivity, adoption of smartphones and the rise of social media has created an ecosystem that requires the Banks to engage its customers in new digital ways. In short, digital banking today is more than alternative channel; digital banking has become a business.
To become a digital bank, the Bank has to revamp all its functions and processes; while technology forms the core of this transformation, all functions and areas including client acquisition, products, risk management and HR need to be reimagined. While technology leads the way, the successful transformation eventually depends upon the people and the culture. Successful organizations invest significant resources in reskilling their people and preparing them to adopt and spearhead the transformation. Singapore based DBS Bank- named as World’s Best Digital Bank by Euro Money deployed a comprehensive strategy to achieve its digital transformation. Harvard Business Review has documented DBS’s digital transformation in a series of case studies.
- An understanding of how and why fintech has evolved, including the significance of Open Banking, in both Developed and Emerging Markets
- An appreciation of the key technologies underlying fintech including cloud computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, blockchain, smart contracts and distributed ledgers
- Awareness of market trends, the competitive landscape, regional variation and the factors determining winners and losers
- An understanding of the way that fintech is disrupting the key Payments market and its sub-sectors, and the likely future direction for this market
- The ability to identify opportunities and threats for different businesses
- An understanding of the key components in a bank Digital Transformation program, drawing on lessons from leading exponents globally. This includes consideration of product development, tackling legacy systems, fintech partnering, new ways of working such as Agile, as well as the cultural aspects of transformation.
- The course involves numerous case studies from around the world, including examples of responses to the Covid crisis. The content is delivered via Zoom, over 3 half-day sessions. There will be plenty of opportunity for interaction, discussion and Q&As.
- Senior Management including CXOs
- Business / Sales Heads including Retail, corporate, transaction banking
- Strategy and Product Development & Management professionals
- Risk Management teams including credit, operational and information security
- Internal Audit & Compliance teams
- Operations and Customer Services teams
- Technology – development and operations teams
- Corporate Functions- Finance, HR, Marketing & Communications
For more information, you may contact: